Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 lb mild Italian pork sausage or other ground meat of your choice
1 red onion, thinly sliced
½ head or 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (or substitute bagged cabbage slaw)
2 tablespoons grass fed butter (or ghee, or coconut oil)
½ teaspoon caraway seeds
½ teaspoon paprika
Fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the same pan with the sausage drippings and add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to brown a bit.
- Add the cabbage and cook for another 7-10 minutes or until the cabbage is soft and “noodle-y.”
- Add the sausage back to the pan, add the spices, mix well and serve!